Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Rob Wilson
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
20 unit apartment building with no money down!

Rob Wilson
  • Charleston, SC
Posted Sep 25 2014, 20:40

I've been in real estate management and investing for 9 years and I have a recent acquisition that I hope will motivate others.  I've been sitting on the sidelines too long, it's time to contribute!

I sent out 600 letters to local owners of multifamily properties and had quite a few calls from the letters.  Sent them 3 times before I reached the right owner on the right day, where he was just mad enough about landlording to want to sell his property.

20 Unit apartment complex

Purchase Price: $285,000 (approx 15k unit)

30 year amortized loan 5% with a 5 year call (100% owner financing, but he did take a 2nd mortgage on another house I own)

Tax Return NOI average: $32,000 over the last 4 years

Expected NOI after proper management: $50,000

Equity after stabilized: $100,000-$150,000

As purchased the property cash flows around 1k a month with no money down!  After the property is stabilized it will net around $2500 a month.

Bonus:  There is a back lot that came with the apartment complex and is of no use to the operation of the complex.  I have it under contract for $72,500 cash.  Pending zoning approval this lot will be sold and I will be able to put some cash into my pocket.

Thanks for reading my deal!  I hope this motivates some people that these deals do exist.  I can't wait to read some of the comments.

Rob

Loading replies...