• Real Estate Agent
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Marketing and Being Proactive Pays Off!

Stephen Barton
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Oct 20 2014, 06:41

I have been to a couple of the guru's weekend shows. That's what it really was-just a show! I did get some good motivation from these events, and feel just like it was too expensive for what they were charging. Fortune Builders was like 10k, I mean, who has that kind of money to throw down? Certainly not someone who is just starting out like my wife and I. I do have to mention we need to spend marketing dollars. I really want to encourage as many people as possible in this business because others did that for me and those few encouraging people really gave me the confidence to make things happen.  We bought a list of 1200 absentees in June of this year and we are at around 1400 marketing pieces that we actually did half by hand and half typed. We are about to send out 500 yellow letters from yellowletters.com instead of doing them myself. So far, we have 2 deals out of the 1400 mail pieces we have sent out which is not very good. For us, the first deal has already paid for our entire marketing expense since we have started in June of this year. Not to mention our other 3 deals that we found from other marketing sources. I mean the return on investment is out of this world and we still have the rest of our list to continue to mail to. As the big dogs say, "It is all about consistency." We did not get our first deal until the second letter was sent to the first prospect group. I hear the response rates for motivated sellers increases with more mailings. 

Thankfully I found this site and was blessed to have found a mentor who really cares about my success! The best part is...he does not charge me a dime for his help! Wow! Having a place that brings investors together and promotes showing new people how to do things the right (legal, moral, and ethical) way is how things should be everywhere. I feel so blessed to have people on here that I can just message and ask questions and they do not make me buy their $997 course on this or that! I get my answers for free, and better yet, they give me more information than what I knew to ask for. How cool is that? So, granted we are not making big profits but I am learning this business with someone who genuinely cares about me having the ability to do this on my own someday. We are problem solvers and I am so proud to bring value to peoples' lives by removing a burden from their life and replacing it with what they really need-money! Thank you to all who make this website possible and to @Joshua Dorkin for having dream and taking the courage to follow that dream and making it a reality. I am so proud to be a part of this community!

• Real Estate Agent IN (#RB14052302)

Barton Family Realty Logo

Loading replies...