• Accountant
  • cedar rapids, IA
Votes |
Starting May 3rd - I will almost be a full time real estate investor

Tyler Smiarowski
  • Accountant
  • cedar rapids, IA
Posted Apr 23 2015, 12:49

So right now I work in public accounting and just finished up tax season. This tax season was a bit challenging since this is the first tax season I had a baby at home. Working long hours plus the 35 minute commute made for a long tax season.  So I began looking for a new job not in public accounting and closer to home...I found one and interviewed for it and ended up accepting their offer. I told my current employer on April 1st..(he thought it was a april fool's joke)...once he realized I was serious and needed to put in my 2 weeks he made me a counter offer. The counter was: 

Work December thru April 30th and then from May 1 to November just work 1 day a week (still get paid the same). So basically I will have 4 full work days from May to November to focus on REI. So beginning May 3rd I will begin to taste what it's like to be doing real estate basically full time and will be able to ramp up the amount of deals I am doing. Currently just focusing on flips. Pretty excited to get started.

Loading replies...