• Investor
  • Whitttier, CA
Votes |
After nearly 2 year, I'm all in

Davon Lowery
  • Investor
  • Whitttier, CA
Posted May 30 2015, 01:37

I am So grateful and thankful to he, who is greater than me, and through faith and not by sight alone, I knew this would be realized. 

After nearly 2 years, carrying the note myself, I finally have another tenant thus making the duplex, a fully functional, cash flowing property.

Early on, I had to yield and systematize my business. I thought about Josh today as I remembered how many mistakes I made, most costly in trying to do everything myself, knowing very little about the work; however, possessing the hutzpa to at least attempt it once. For example, my lady and I tried the to install the kitchen back-splash, great bonding experience but, not hardly our strong suit.

It wasn't until I heard one particular podcast when the rhetorical question was posed, "where am I most valuable, in my business or making money for my business." I backed, nearly, completely off; I hired a leasing company to screen applicants, handyman to do the finishing work, accountant and lawyer to help me structure my business and now I am able to work toward the goals that my lady and I have worked out for our lives.

Which summarily began with a celebratory dinner at a Churrascaria in Glendale,  bottomless Sangria and belly-dancers LOL!!! Thank GOD, now the real work begins.

Loading replies...