Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Nancy Brook
  • Investor, Realtor, Writer, Podcaster
  • Billings, MT
Votes |
My excellent day: Two deals and passed my real estate licensing exam!

Nancy Brook
  • Investor, Realtor, Writer, Podcaster
  • Billings, MT
Posted Jul 29 2015, 00:28

Yesterday was a great day!  I'm still so excited I cannot sleep. 

So first, my deals. I have a contract finalized on a Section 8 property that will be bringing in 20% net of expenses. I found it through postcard mailings. I was going to wholesale it but it's such a well-maintained property and has a four-year tenant that I decided to keep it. I'm buying it through my self-directed solo 401k. This will be the 16th house my boyfriend and I own. 😀

Next, I have some properties that have been under contract for a while. The five-property package has houses that need to be demoed and new construction built. It takes a special buyer to want to proceed. The first developer decided no and so I thought the deal was dead. My broker friend found another buyer and went to the county zoning board today to make sure the deal would fly. We should be closing next week. Cha-Ching!

Finally, I took the Florida real estate sales associate exam yesterday and passed. The test was not easy and I didn't feel prepared. I thought I'd have to retake it. But I passed! Yippee!

I live in Florida and Montana and am planning on getting my Montana real estate license next. The Florida work I will do virtually as I'll be referring prospects whom I find through my wholesale calls and who want to sell at a retail price. 

Still more to figure out but I just had to share my excellent day!

Loading replies...