• Lubbock, TX
Votes |
Zero deals & wildly successful.

Austin Hughes
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Lubbock, TX
Posted Aug 26 2015, 23:31

I consider myself a huge success.

&Yep, I still haven't done my first deal yet.

Did any of you listen to the BP Podcast with Grant Cardone? In it, he said something profound. He said, "Success is not measured by comparing yourself to others. Success is the distance between where you are, and where your potential is."

That statement is huge. We shouldn't compare ourselves to the average joes, because even if we beat them, we are barely above average.

I know for myself, I have huge potential. When applied, and ceteris paribus,  I almost always become one of the best at whatever endeavor I undertake. This is not to brag, but to say that my work ethic and determination are matched by few.

That being said, why would I consider myself a success in real estate? Because I have been studying my market, reading everything I can, and grinding for the past 8 months, and haven't done my first deal yet. Most people would call 8 months of impotence failure. But in my eyes, when you pursue something so viciously for a time period like that, and see ZERO RESULTS, 99.99% of people would give up. But REMEMBER, we don't compare ourselves to others. Let me rephrase. 99.99% of the time, I WOULD probably give up and say it wasn't meant to be.

But I see the light at the end of the 50 year tunnel, and that light is the Sun.

I'll let you guys know as soon as my first deal is done. I won't even tell my family until I tell my fellow investors and motivators on BP. You have my word!

God bless all who read this.

Loading replies...