• Rental Property Investor
  • Shawnee Mission, KS
Votes |
Closed on Rental Property #18 in Grandview, MO

Cliff Harrison
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Shawnee Mission, KS
Posted Aug 29 2015, 11:26

#18 was a long time in the making.  It was short sale with Wells Fargo with two mortgages on it.  Started working on it last December and it finally closed on Friday 8/28.

It's a 3/1/1 with large detached garage/workshop building behind the house, and has an extra lot adjoining included with the property.  This is in the quiet old residential area of Grandview off Main Street (12th St/Little/Duck area).

The house is rent ready with nice appliances, good hardwood floors, all new fixtures, and granite countertop.

Rent will be $850 and my all-in price is $50,500 and I'm happy that no reno work required because I have four in progress (or waiting to start) already with reno work.

Other Updates:

- I also completed two cash-out finances on two homes I bought cash from wholesalers and rehabbed.  On both of them, I purchase was about $35k, I added value for $9-12k, and appraisals came back at $64-65k.  Refinanced out most of my costs - these take more work/effort but it's nice not leaving any cash behind and still having solid equity in the house.  One of these is already leased and I'm going to put the other one on the market today at $875.

- I set up an LLC structure with four child LLCs with my main LLC as owner, each child LLC will hold a few properties.

- I am starting process of competitive selection for my PM business my contract will current provider is up later this year. 

Best of luck on your projects.

Loading replies...