Skip to content
Contractors

User Stats

Votes
Jay Watson
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
How difficult to redesign, re-engineer a commercial development site.

Jay Watson
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Mar 23 2014, 15:55

Hi, my family owns a 8950 square foot lot that is on the back portion of a 19 acre development site. The site is currently being developed for a large retailer. The site will consist of a 260,000 square foot store, and a 46,000 square foot warehouse. A portion of the warehouse will sit directly over the parcel that my family owns. Legal issues and other circumstances have led to my family holding possession of the property despite most of the demolition having already occurred. We have the only house standing on the development site. My question is: how difficult will it be for the developer to make adjustments to their site plan to accommodate a build around us, and how difficult it would be to build around us given their current construction schedule.? Utilities are currently above ground, they still need to grade the site, and a build around us would require moving the warehouse, and most likely the main store. My family needs to make a decision as whether to sell or to keep the property. If we can keep the property, we would prefer to. However, if it complicates the site or delays the construction too much, we're willing to get out of their way.

Thanks!

Loading replies...