Skip to content
Contractors

User Stats

Votes
Carolyn Cox
  • Decatur, GA
Votes |
Can Anyone Make Sense of These Photos? (Atlanta Stadium Project)

Carolyn Cox
  • Decatur, GA
Posted Mar 27 2014, 18:42

As you guys may know, a major construction project is underway in Atlanta - the building of the future Atlanta Falcons stadium. The preliminary work (or "pre-construction") that is required for this project has already begun - such as the re-routing of certain roads, and demolition of buildings (churches) that sit on or near the construction site.

Over these past few months, I've been sort-of "canvassing" the area - snapping photos of the area before it begins to change dramatically. I've become some-sort of a pre-construction "lookie loo", lol. At a certain point, I started noticing certain "road markings" - spray-painted designations that would appear on the streets, or on paved-surfaces in the immediate area. I'm just a "layperson" - I do not work in the construction or surveying fields...and I don't have much background knowledge or experience in these fields (whatever little I did know, I've forgotten). So these painted designations are generally foreign to me - though I have a general idea of the purpose of these markings. Many of the markings seem to point out gas lines, sewer lines, etc. - but I would appreciate it if someone(s) could give more detailed interpretations of these markings.

If you guys don't mind, I am posting several photos of what I'm talking about. Does anyone here know what, exactly, these writings mean - and the specific reasons for these markings?

Loading replies...