• Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Votes |
contractors - another one bites the dust

George P.
  • Property Manager
  • Livonia, MI
Posted Jun 5 2014, 18:27

so i just lost another contractor. as someone on here stated a few weeks ago, they are like a loaf of bread. they all have a shelf life. 

i tend to work with lots of insured, unlicensed contractors that of course can not comprehend that sticking with me would prevent them from having to bid future jobs.

is being too nice a bad thing? i am easy going and work with their schedule. i always pay and the checks always clear. i am compassionate and often times i get them lunches and coffees. sometimes i dont even ask them to come back and fix what they missed cause i dont want to piss them off.

i had a guy for the last 3 months that was making $15/hr and would do anything. he was late on his child support a few times and i always came through. today for the first time i told him "the tenant can not be bothered so many times (multiple items on a punch list). we need to go in there and get it done in one day". 

so he told another guy that i put "too much pressure on him and he can not work with me anymore". i was stepping on eggshells around this guy not wanting to upset him and always played by his rules even when i didn't agree...

am i crazy for being nice to guys that i'd suppose (speculating) are used to being treated like child's diaper? 

what do contractors want? seriously? feedback would be appreciated.

Loading replies...