Skip to content
Contractors

User Stats

Votes
Terri Lewis
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Elkhart, IN
Votes |
Should I go around the Realtor on a preservation job?

Terri Lewis
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Elkhart, IN
Posted Jun 26 2014, 12:25

I am having one of those rough weeks. I am not sure if I should go around the Realtor that contracted us to do a trash out at a property held by a wholesale group that I somewhat know. She initially contacted us to give bids on a batch of local properties, and that we would get the work. 19 properties all together. I agreed and said we would waive the trip charge, get her pictures and submit bids for any preservation work needed on them. After we had submitted several, she informed me that she didn't need pictures of the work needed, she needed full room pictures only. I started being concerned we were just getting her pictures to list with. 

She had sent someone else to do all the lock changes but 1. We did that one, to her agreed price. That's been almost 7 weeks ago. Then we were requested to do a trash out and that we would be paid in 3 weeks. Did both in less than 48 hours, and we are over 4 weeks from the trash out completion and no money for either yet. On 6/24 she stated she had forgot to send our invoice and pictures in on the trash out.  I requested urgency with expediting the funds for the work. Today when I called she apologized again, and said she hadn't talked to the gal about it. Also said that the customer was getting someone else to give bids. Aggravated at that because anyone can go in and low ball someone else's bids. Also if I was on their end I would wonder about why it took so long to submit completion of work preformed.  

My partner requested I get in touch with the end customer and talk to them about doing the work straight to them. The Realtor said she wasn't utilizing any discount so her involvement was strictly just getting the work done. I didn't feel us contacting the end customer was very professional, but I am concerned that they don't feel things have been handled very professionally any how. 

I am starting to believe she is either really busy, lying, or just an airhead.

I hate to loose out on all this work, what do any of you suggest I should do?

Loading replies...