• Covington, LA
Votes |
Contractor took money and ran!!

Michael Baradell
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Covington, LA
Posted Jul 14 2014, 13:49

Hey BP,

Well I guess you can consider me the bone head of the week, but I was recently had by a sub. I neede a small concrete pad poured so I asked around and found this contractor through my siding guy, who is reliable. It was a small job so I didn't bother with doing any research on him. Long story short, he asked for a deposit $600, to lock in the price of the concrete, I gave him a check. Two days later he showed up as he said he would to form and was also planning on pouring that day as well. I had to leave the site so I left a check in the mailbox for the balance, $600 as I would not be able to make it back to the house after the job was complete. About an hour or so later it begain to rain so he decided it would be best to put off the pour until we had a clear day. I spoke to him throughout the next week. His story was that the rain had backed up the concrete company as well so my job would be done at the end of the week. Fast forward three weeks, now he is not returning any of my calls or messages. I can not wait any longer as this has already set me back three weeks. I have found a reputable guy who will do the job ASAP, but my question is, what can I do to make him feel the pain of doing this? I know I will probably never see that money again, but I want him to pay for this. 

Loading replies...