• Poway, CA
Votes |
Contractor was paid for permit but never completed the permit pro

Dan Heuschele
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Poway, CA
Posted Aug 28 2015, 12:46

We hired a local electrical contractor to do electrical work at one of our properties (2 units).  He charged us for a permit as well as the work performed.

He finished all the work and received the complete payment but did not finish out the permit.  We probably should have withheld the money for the permit but at that time we had no issues with the contractor.  Iif it were not for the issue with the permit I would have recommended him (the work was performed per schedule and per invoice (except the permit), and has had no issues and looks like it should).

We called him and initially he indicated that he would work it but never did.  Each time we called it was the same, that he was sorry and that he would get right on it.  Then he stopped answering our calls.  The wife recently delegated the task to me and I left 2 friendly messages for him to call me back and did not receive a call back.  I then left a message indicating if I did not receive a call back by Monday that I would take further actions.

I know that I can submit a complain with BBB and leave negative feedback with feedback sites like Yelp, Angies List, etc.   I can file suit at Small Claims court but really do not have the time.  But I think there is something I should be able to do because he is a licensed contractor and has not completed the task.  This is where I am weak on my options.

BTW: The contract was for $2500 of which $300 explicitly states on the invoice is for the permit(s).

Therefore I am looking for suggestions as well as information as to how to make a complaint against his electrical license.

Thanks

Loading replies...