Skip to content
Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Turner#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Exciting Changes to the Keyword Alert System!

Brandon Turner#2 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Posted Aug 27 2014, 13:23

I am from Washington State, so I don't care a whole lot about what happens in Washingon DC.  However, because I have a Keyword Alert set for "Washington," I'm notified every time someone mentions the state name in the forums. I also am notified every time someone mentioned Washington DC.  

Not any more! 

Starting now, you can add "negative keywords" to your alert! 

To set up a Negative Keyword, simply head to the Alerts page at BiggerPockets.com/alerts, enter in the main keyword alert you want in the enter in any negative keywords that you don’t want in the second line below that. 

Pretty cool, eh!? 

That should help you stay connected with the stuff you want to know about, and keep out the content you don't! 

In case you didn't also know, we now allow users to create combination alerts. By connecting several terms, you can set our system to send you alerts only when multiple keywords are used in a post, but not necessarily right next to one another in a sentence.

Finally, for those of you who get too many alerts, there are several options for changing the frequency with which you get our notifications.

To learn more about Keyword Alerts, check out our ultimate guide here!

Loading replies...