Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Karyn T.
  • Investor
  • Bellingham, WA
Votes |
I'm FREE! To do what I want, any old time!

Karyn T.
  • Investor
  • Bellingham, WA
Posted May 26 2015, 13:47

That's right!  Corporate downsizing even happens to doctors!  As of this past Wednesday, I was downsized....so I have 4 months, at full pay, to figure out what I want to do when I grow up!  I am waffling between opening my own small clinic (I will NOT be employed, ever again) and diving head first into full-time real estate.  Financially, each route is equally as terrifying, but I truly believe that, in time, RE investing would be much more satisfying, less worrisome, and less litigious than medicine (not implying in ANY way that there is no worry or litigation in RE...but that it is of a MUCH different caliber).  I am working on finishing up my RE licensing requirements in OR and WA (I put them on hold because I was too busy with work) and now have to decide where to start.

Even if I open my own little clinic, it will be a MUCH different animal than my current job description, and I would still be getting much more involved in the local real estate scene (mostly because I'm moving back to Washington again...where there actually IS a real estate scene!  Hi @Brandon Turner!!)

4 months to Show Time!! :)

Loading replies...