• Real Estate Investor
  • Edgewood, NM
Votes |
First Mobile Home Lease-Option

Shawn Young
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Edgewood, NM
Posted Jul 29 2014, 23:28

I bought a mobile home that needed some work last December.  I thought I could not afford the help so decided to do it myself.  At first it was fun and I learned a lot.  Eventually I found that I had less and less time to work on it.  After a few months went by I realized that I needed to hire some help.  

I found the help to be expensive, so when someone offered to lease it with an option to buy it "as-is," I took the offer.  I almost felt relief sweep over me when this happened, almost.  The relief was never complete though; I couldn't get over my concern that something would go wrong.... and it did. Today my tenant called me to let me know that he'd lot his job.  Apparently his employer, who I had talked to had had a big change of heart during this last month, because when I was screening my tenant a month ago his employer only had praise.

So now I need to go see if my tenant made any progress on fixing the trailer, and if his work is acceptable. And I am back to trying to find good contractors that I can afford!  But I was going to have to do that anyway.  Does anyone have any advice? Particularly about finding contractors, but any advice will do.  Thanks 

Loading replies...