Skip to content
Mobile Home Park Investing

User Stats

Votes
Mike Gennaro
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Zachary, LA
Votes |
Buy and Hold Mobile Home Investors: Are you out there, and are you successful?

Mike Gennaro
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Zachary, LA
Posted Oct 18 2014, 10:30

Hey BP community,

Are there any satisfied buy and hold mobile home investors out there? Why does this niche seem so uninhabited? 

With $50K cash, we recently purchased and rehabbed 6 mobile homes, five of which are in a park, and 1 is on land. After bringing in a thick skinned property manager, we've got all of the fully rehabbed units rented and are loving the cash flow. Two are still being rehabbed. My lot rent averages $220/month, and the rents are $700.  

Compared to my other investments, (single family, SFR section 8), I do sacrifice long term appreciation with mobile homes, and banks won't even think of financing them. Other than that, if you can feel comfortable in this space, it's pretty lucrative.

Since I've heard so many negative points of view on buy and hold mobile home investing, I would love to meet and hear other opinions to the contrary. Is there anybody out there?

Best,

Mike Gennaro                                                                                                                        

Honest Leasing LLC.

225-931-3111

@Ron Garic , @Damon Armstrong 

Loading replies...