• Investor
  • atlanta , GA
Votes |
Auction.com / do it yourself foreclosure / need help with this

Thomas Williamson
  • Investor
  • atlanta , GA
Posted Nov 25 2013, 12:11

I've read a lot of the threads concerning Auction.com, and I've already e-mailed and called my real estate attorneys office for an answer to this, but I'm not sure when I'll hear back from the attorney. I thought I'd throw this out to the BP nation for an answer.

I'm preparing to go to the courthouse in the county I live in, in Georgia next week to bid on a couple of properties. They're listed on Auction.com, but the actual sale will be at the courthouse as normal. I've looked at the properties from the outside, and both appear to be vacant.

Here's what I've been told by the Auction.com folks. The sale is simply a "Trustee sale." Meaning it's not an REO property, so I'm responsible for going through with the actual foreclosure process myself (actually my attorney) if I'm the winning bidder.

I've got a title company lined up to do the title work beforehand on both properties, but my main concern is how long could the foreclosure process take, and how expensive will it be? I know a lot of that depends on the law and the attorney. Georgia by the way is a non-judicial foreclosure state. I'm trying to figure out if it's really worth the hassle to go through, but the MLS is drying up around here, so I'm looking at other alternatives. Any suggestions would be appreciated if anyone else has gone through this. Thanks in advance.

Loading replies...