• Covina, CA
Votes |
International investing

Lorene Fleming
  • Investor
  • Covina, CA
Posted Dec 7 2013, 20:29

Hello, BP family,

I have some general questions on international investing, specifically a planned community lot in Mexico. Is anyone here on BP familiar with investing in Mexico?

I have researched the company and I can't find any bad things about the company or its previous projects, this is not the first that they've done in the area, and it appears that the area is growing.

I seams like it could be a great opportunity to own the lot at this price, $23k for a 14k sqft lot, they will build any size house up to 7k sqft (1/2 the lot size) the house for $75/sqft. The problem is we are a bit hesitant because well it's Mexico and we've heard all the horror stories (but honestly I've done some research and found much is overblown), my concern is that it won't sell like we think because others will be worried about safety.

Also I think we're just nervous about investing so far away from home and out of the country. If anyone here has had a good/bad experience they would be willing to share or some advise that would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Loading replies...