Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Will F.
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Votes |
What is your strategy for short sales in a HOT market?

Will F.
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles County, CA
Posted Mar 19 2014, 13:04

I'm in a hot market LA area. Well priced homes sell within a week or less on market.

I've made tons of cash offers over the past year on houses that will end up pending within 4-5 DOMs (days on market),

For instance of the houses in East LA county was a short sale 3 DOMs. The fax number does not work, the phone number has a voice mail that is full and they say text inquiries only, but do not even list the cell number.

It seems like the listing agents are purposely trying to not get offers. I'm guessing they have cash buyers that they can either double end the deal with or are trying to pocket list it to friends/ their own buyers.

Isn't this unethical? Shouldn't they represent sellers (even if it's the bank) and try to get the highest offer.

Right now we're offering these listings all cash as well with low contingencies. They always end up selling to someone else for whatever reason or the agent claims they are pending already even though it doesn't say pending on the MLS.

Does anyone have tips? Should I just contact these active short sale listing agents and have the double end the deal for me or slip them cash under the table which is what I'm guessing they are likely doing with their pocket investors.

Loading replies...