Pro Member
  • Greensboro, NC
Votes |
Buying Code Violation house with Absentee Owner

Jamane Y.
Pro Member
  • Greensboro, NC
Posted Apr 8 2014, 17:51

I found a house in a nice neighborhood, I drove through the neighborhood while on my driving for dollars weekend. The house had a condemned sign on. I could only see trash on the back porch of the house. I called code compliance office and found out the the house is not condemned, but was called in for the trash and vagrants living there. Talke to the inspector today and found out that the owner is deceased and his/her relative doesn't want the house. The inspector said that its going to take almost 90 days before the final decision of the house goes to the housing commission. I'm not sure what there decision could be other than demolish. Although I don't think they would tear this house down in the middle of a nice blue collar neighborhood. My question is what should I do next. Try to locate the person that told them that he didn't want the house to see if I can the house from him. Or wait on the city to see what they decide. I also think if I buy the property, I will be responsible for whatever is owed to the city plus the back taxes.

Loading replies...