Votes
Nick R.
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Can a Realtor do this in TX?

Nick R.
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Apr 8 2014, 19:39

I'm selling a flip in TX and there is a PVC drain redirect running outside along the back of the house and connects into the ground to get to the city drain. This was a DIY fix from the previous owner and unknown to me was not up to code. The pipe functions just fine as intended. Without my or my Realtor's knowledge, the buyers agent contacted the city to see if a permit had been pulled on the house to try and find out if the pipe would be up to code, there was no permit and advised my Realtor of this. He also went on to advise my Realtor that "it's illegal to be aware of this issue and not fix it and that she could lose her license if she did not advise me. He also said "regardless of who buys the house I have to legally get a permit and make sure everything is up to code." Basically, I'm trying to find out if what this buyers Realtor is saying is true; whether or not if everything he's saying is true, or just some of it, or none of it at all. This guy has quickly taken over the number slot on my sh!t list....

Loading replies...