Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Joel Owens
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
Votes |
Residential Listing broker makes mistake on a house.

Joel Owens
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
ModeratorPosted Apr 13 2014, 17:59

So my brother in law is looking for a house and lives close by to me. I have a residential agent friend helping me with it because I am too busy with my commercial clients. I still helped him out on the phone answering questions about the contract etc.

So this property just hits the market about 1 week ago. It's a monster house about 4,300 sq ft for the area 3 sides brick with 5 bed and 2 bath upstairs and a half bath on the main. Then it has a 1 bed 1 bath in law suite with a kitchen in the basement.

The listing broker has been in the business for awhile and is successful. My brother in law goes and sees the house along with 2 others even though he had reservations. The pictures do not even look like the same house! lol

The picture of the front driveway on the MLS looks like it goes up a mountain and the back yard looks like it goes way down before flattening out.

There is one picture of the new kitchen but the rest of are older bathrooms with wall paper on the walls.

I took a look at the outside of the house front and back just now as they went under contract today on it. This house looks incredible. New roof, new paint job, new carpet in the whole house, the main level kitchen had a stud up brand new one put in with a center island all granite and stainless steel.

The driveway was nothing like the MLS pic and was flat as a pancake. The backyard goes down on a subtle slope around the house maybe 5 feet and levels out in the back. The landscaping front to back is incredible on this thing. Other houses are going for 294,000 in there and this one the sellers had relocated so they are under contract at around 260,000.

I think had the pictures not been so bad in the MLS more buyers would have gone to see it. Only one bathroom needs the wall paper removed. I think because the pics were bad and spring break weekend when listed helped. These properties usually go under contract in the area in 24 to 48 hours.

If you are a SELLER then PLEASE review all pictures that the listing broker is putting on the MLS before you approve the agreement or they will cost you money! AWESOME for my brother in law though............. : )

Loading replies...