User Stats

Votes
Mark Ainley
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Roselle, IL (Chicago Suburb)
Votes |
What can make a turnkey offering more attractive?

Mark Ainley
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Roselle, IL (Chicago Suburb)
Posted Jul 23 2014, 07:42

Hello all,

We are a buy and hold investor that operates in and around Chicago. We don't typically sell our properties but we are in a scenario where we have a partner that has a life situation requiring the partner to need to get out of the partnership which we are deciding to sell. The property is leased out to a section 8 tenant with a really good rent but in a C neighborhood. We have owned and managed this property since 2009, taken care of it, and had little issues managing.

I am looking for advice from the BP nation on what I can do to structure the deal to be attractive to an investor new or seasoned. We are able to sell this property in the range of a 12-14% Cap but what can I market to make this an easy deal? Some ideas we had were:

Offer management free of charge for one year?

Some sort of guarantee on rental income?

Pay for closing costs?

I am not attempting to create any gimmicks or tricks but want to do it quickly with limited disturbance to the tenant or my schedule with having to do numerous showings.

The goal is here is do to it right the first time. The 5 minutes to ask for advice is in hopes of closing a deal weeks faster!

Any feed back is appreciated and thank you for your time in advance! 

Loading replies...