Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate
Account Closed
  • Homeowner
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Give the real estate agent a 2nd chance or move on?

Account Closed
  • Homeowner
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Aug 21 2014, 16:08

Although I wasn't really looking for a realtor, the property manager where we vacation recommended one to me to assist me in locating a vacation rental. She said she would pass on my name to him, and that he wasn't pushy. I didn't object because I could use someone to obtain information not included in the MLS.

He e-mailed me at work and despite getting my out of office sent another message asking me to contact him.  I sent him an e-mail last night that listed my vacation property criteria.  I specifically told him St. Pete Beach and even emphasized sections that we find more desirable.  I also told him that I am always interested in any listing in the particular resort that we stay, although I told him I would steer clear from back units based on my conversation with the property manager.  My criteria also included a price range.

Today I come home to find a couple e-mails from him. The first one mentions a listing he has in the resort we stay in. Although the price exceeds my limit, he states that it is an income producer. Well, the property isn't in the multi list and I am almost certain he doesn't actually have the listing. I was told last week that it was for sale (expired listing) but she didn't have a realtor. I am also friends with the owner's son of that particular unit. But even if he obtained the actual listing this week and hasn't submitted it to the MLS, IT IS NOT A GOOD INCOME PRODUCER! How do I know? The property manager told me. The owner's son has told me for 10 years that the unit doesn't rent well. So what in the world is he basing this on?

The second e-mail contained 22 listings, and only two were in St. Pete.  Both exceeded my price range.  Of the 22, maybe 6 were in my price range.  But most aggravating is that 20 out of 22 listings were for other beaches!!!  He is trying to sell me on Treasure Island and other beaches further north that sell for less.  I know they sell for less, but they were not included in my search criteria.

My wife thinks I should give the guy another chance, but I think I should just cut him loose.  I mean he totally struck out on all aspects of his first attempt.

Mostly this post is about needing to vent, but also curious whether or not you would move on or try to get this agent on the same page as you?

Loading replies...