Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Joel Owens
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
Votes |
Anyone here hired a full time assistant?? Results any good??

Joel Owens
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Canton, GA
ModeratorPosted Aug 27 2014, 15:44

As my business keeps growing and growing it is becoming apparent in the near future I will be hiring a full time employee.

I have used virtual workers in the past. The rate is cheap but you get what you pay for. Lot's of time wasted micro-managing them. They have divided interest working for multiple people. I am only possibly hiring someone local and no divided interests.

At this point I am looking to take on someone local to me full time. They will have to have an ability to do multi-tasking. They will have to work in my office.

I am looking at paying them a small hourly rate and then a bonus. Experience has taught me the lazy people want to get paid all the money hourly. They milk the clock and do the absolute minimum. I am looking for the superstars. They will work hard knowing by doing little they get hardly anything but If they apply themselves they can do very well. I find this weeds out weaker candidates with low to no motivation.100% talk good game but only 10% have action behind the words.

Just wanted thoughts on others who have full time assistants or secretaries work for them and how it turned out for you??

Thanks    

Loading replies...