• Bessemer, AL
Votes |
Mother died without a will

Patricia Thomas
  • Bessemer, AL
Posted Aug 27 2014, 17:58

Dear Bigger Pockets ,

I have a question that I seriously need help with:

About 8 years ago my Mother past. She owned a house. She have six children( which are my siblings) and was not married.  Shortly after, my mother's death we went to a local attorney and all sibling agreed to have  a deed drawn up giving one of my brothers a life estate in the property. However, my brother who has the life estate is unable to afford proper maintenance on the property, due to the fact that he only receives a disability SSI check once a month. The house is steadily deteriorating, plus one of my siblings ,whom refuses to work, has 3 children living in the house,  and one of the other siblings has one grown child living in the house,and has NO income, to assist my disabled brother, in the upkeep of the property etc. I have purchased a smaller house for my disabled brother, which he can easily manage to rent from me, with me providing all the upkeep and maintenance on the house(which will be a rental for him). My question is , How can I get it arranged to have me or either of my siblings, to  purchase the property to whomever is willing and able to buy it, whether it be me or either of my siblings? How do I go about having this done? Please help

Loading replies...