• Investor
  • Everett, WA
Votes |
Buying home with defective siding...

Roger Vi
  • Investor
  • Everett, WA
Posted Sep 8 2014, 15:54
Hey I'm looking at a duplex right now with Louisiana-Pacific siding (LP siding, had class action suit that ended in 2002). In the past when I see this siding I can use a little strength and pull off an entire piece of siding. This particular house seems to have held really well. It was built in 1990 and was recently painted. Looks new from far away and when you walk up to it you can notice a little warping but nothing like what I've seen in the past. Has anyone ever bought a house with this type of siding? Is it possible to get many years from this siding with proper care and maintenance? What would be required? What should I look out for during an inspection? How much estimated to replace this siding on 3000sq ft home? Anything that would make replacing more expensive? Less expensive? Thanks to anyone who has read this post this far. Basically looking for all info I can get on LP siding from an investor and contractors point of view. Most buyers simply avoid LP siding regardless of price in this area, I want to know if this is something I can turn into an opportunity or is it a money hole. All responses would be appreciated, thanks!

Loading replies...