Votes
Ezra Littman
  • Buffalo, NY
Votes |
21 Years Old: Negotiating With Little Old Lady For First Deal

Ezra Littman
  • Buffalo, NY
Posted Sep 17 2014, 21:27

I hope I posted this in the correct forum. First Post WOOHOO.

While venturing through an estate sale five doors down from where a family member of mine lives, I discovered that the old lady wants to sell her house. Her and her husband are moving into an assisted living facility as they are both over 80. We are meeting tomorrow to do a walk-through. The house is in pretty rough shape as it hasn't been maintained well over the past few years. When I initially met her she said she was willing to sell it for 140 and put in a new furnace before the sale. No agents on either side. I think this is a steal as two houses across the street just sold for 220 and 230). The plan is to flip by spring.

As I am only 21, what suggestions do you have as I negotiate with her for the worth of her house?

My plan is to offer her 125 and just take it as is. It has a dumpster worth of garbage inside. She is very worried as they have a "new refrigerator and dining room set which she thinks is worth $$ but actually isn't. If she doesn't accept then I will say since there is a new fridge and dining room set that we can do 127. Good plan?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Loading replies...