• Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
Why are attorneys a pain in the you know what

Luis E Luciano
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Oct 9 2014, 11:47

Hi everyone,

Not to generalize about all attorneys here. But let me tell you it is not so easy to talk to this folks and try to make a point.  If any attorneys here can give some advise for when I make my next dials.

*How can I build rapport and present my findings in the best way possible for negotiating either a buy or listing it with my brokerage.  

Situation:

Theres a FSBO in NE philly where I spotted the property while driving in the neighborhood. I call the number and start talking to the attorney for the property and not the owner. Attorney goes right to the point asking 300K firm offer. He apparently does not know how to pull comps. Properties there in a .3 mile radius, same sqft, bldg ft and architectural appeal go between 100K-185K. On average is about 150K. The highest settled was at 182K back in 1/31/2013.

Ofcourse, my script was scripted for the owner not for the attorney. But he told me it sat on the market for 6 Months and the owner does not want to go to a brokerage anymore. Dude your property is overpriced 100%.

Thanks

Loading replies...