Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Juan Maldonado
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Anyone here from Colombia (South America) or with family/friends there??

Juan Maldonado
  • Austin, TX
Posted Nov 1 2014, 06:59

Hello BP,

I was originally born in Colombia and have lived in the US since I was 8 years old. A few years ago I had the chance to go back and live there for a few years, before moving back to the U.S.

I am getting interested in starting a direct marketing, wholesale, flip operation down there.

Here's why:

1. Recently a world organization (possibly IMF, was listening to radio, cant recall name) placed Colombia as the top country in LatinAmerica to do business, regarding the ease of doing business.

2. They recently signed a free trade agreement with the EU and US, among other nations

3.On the verge (hopefully) of finally coming to a peace resolution with the insurgent group (FARC) that has kept the country in a 40 year old civil war. Colombia spends about 20% of taxes raised to fight this war with itself.

What does this mean... OPPORTUNITY, there is currently a flood of foreign money being pumped into the country creating excessive appreciation.

My family has ownened an apartment in Bogota for a while, in the last 5 years it has appreciated 12% average annually, according to "el tiempo" our version of NY Times, this year this neighborhood will appreciate at 16%.

If someone would like to talk about possible opportunities would love to connect. I honestly don't think there are many people doing direct marketing or anything of the sort. I honestly have not done too much research other than my recent time living there and dealing with my apartment there.

Let's chat!!

Loading replies...