Votes
Julia Gunderson
  • ASHLAND, VA
Votes |
Becoming a purchase nightmare!

Julia Gunderson
  • ASHLAND, VA
Posted Nov 22 2014, 06:48

HELP! We have looked at this house for over three months and had contractors in it for repair estimates. Went on the market 11/14. Listed for 239k, tax appraisal is 402k. Keep in mind the house is gutted, down to stud and sub floors. 170k to bring the home to turnkey. We placed an offer with one of listing agents team members (first mistake I think)! We offered 190k, 30 day close, 5k em. They countered at 238k 11/17. Our agent said there "might" be another contract. I spoke to my husband and we called back and said "might" or "is" another contract. Our realator said there "will be" another contract today. With that said we told him to place another offer at 215k that day. By that evening he said they countered at 232k. I asked if the other contract was submitted that was going to be faded in and he said they hadn't received it yet! I waited till the following morning and we came back at 217k best and final. Also the other contract STILL had not came in. We are waiting now! What do you think will happen? I think our realtor lied for us to come up in price? HELP, new to this process!

Loading replies...