• General Contractor
  • Maple Falls, WA
Votes |
New to Washington state, need to build a team

John Crandell
  • General Contractor
  • Maple Falls, WA
Posted Dec 3 2014, 16:43

My wife and I just moved from Maryland about 3 weeks ago. Finally settled in enough to start thinking of what we are going to do here. We have a plan, but it is simple in its most elaborate form. I have been a member of BP for close to a year now and I know it is a valuable resource. I need to buckle down and put together a team. I myself, have worked in the construction trade for the past 42 years, the last 22 years of that, supervising the construction of multimillion dollar homes in the Washington DC area. In the past year I left that job to go on my own until our home sold, which that was starting to take off pretty good, then the house sold and here we are.

Reading on the forums here at BP, I found that in WA, a contractors license is need to flip homes or collaborate with a builder to get past that, or rent for a year. All which are options  that could work. We moved to the Deming area, looking to deal in the Bellingham area, and areas north and south of Bellingham.

The team member I feel I need are the builder to partner with or a variation of. I have one realtor to work with and her resources for title work. I also have another in mind that I just met again from a prior visit to WA, who tells me that he used to flip houses too. I hope he will be my mentor. I also know hope will only go so far. Funding is also taken care of, besides I have another newbie, my cousin, willing to invest in what I have in mind.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can impart. I am willing to go meet with anybody who would be willing to meet with me. I come to you. I will go from Blaine to Everette.

Loading replies...