Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Terri Sarappo
  • Investor
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Where are the best flip markets in 2015?

Terri Sarappo
  • Investor
  • Sacramento, CA
Posted Jan 20 2015, 09:20

Hi All

In 2012 I was lucky enough to buy a foreclosure in an up and coming area in Oakland. The house was a 2/1 with a bonus room and I was able to convert it a 3/2 with permits and got it rented within 2 months. The rent was $2200 on a property I finished for $250,000 and could rent it today for $2600 so Oakland has been very very good to me.

Now those original tenants are moving and It has appreciated greatly. I am hoping to be as lucky with the 2nd search for tenants. 

I am looking for another opportunity and have missed the market here in N.Cal , I have a budget to do a flip under 300k or do a buy and hold (this time a multi family house). 

Anyone have any suggestions of good markets? I want to find a rental market with a great GRM and/or do a short term flip where I can make good money.

I am single with no debt and would be able to relocate and live in the property I was flipping- any suggestions of which markets might work? I have been looking at Sacramento because it is close but I think the market might have appreciated already. 

Thanks for your suggestions.

Terri Sarappo

Loading replies...