Tiesha M.
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Submitting Offer On A Property With A New Realtor

Tiesha M.
  • Baltimore, MD
Posted Jan 21 2015, 16:39

Hello!

I live in Baltimore, Maryland. I recently had a realtor show me a house. I have not signed a Buyer Agency agreement with that realtor. The house is owned by Fannie Mae and there is 3 days until the First Look period ends and investors can put in offers. I like the house and want to put in an offer on the house. I've asked the realtor several times to send me comps for the house. After asking several times, he has not sent me comps for the house and doesn't seem to plan to. When I asked him to send me comps for the house in case I want to put in an offer once the First Look period is over, he said it was too late because there were already some acceptable offers on the house from owner occupants. Please note, as of the time my agent and I spoke, none of the offers had been accepted and online the property has an active status.

My question is since my realtor does not want to send me comps or allow me to put in an offer, can I have another realtor put in an offer on the house for me without having any repercussions like having to pay my current realtor a commission? For those reasons and other reasons I do not want to work with this realtor anymore. I'm not sure how to proceed. As stated before, I do not have a Buyer Agency Agreement with this realtor. Anyone know how to deal with this?

Loading replies...