• Austin, TX
Votes |
Trying Anything in Austin!

Kristina Modares
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Austin, TX
Posted Feb 18 2015, 09:18

I am absolutely in love with Austin and do not plan on leaving anytime soon. I also am a soon to be real estate agent and am looking into buying my first property within the year. The only problem is that I want to purchase in the 78702 zip code (yikes). Everybody is talking about the craziness of Austin's market and I have read on the BP forums that it wouldn't be a good investment to buy super central but I moved to Austin to be close to the city and I plan on living in this home and house hacking for as long as I need to. I currently work for Keller Williams and looking on the MLS is super stressful…I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on sending personal letters or even going door to door and letting people know that I want to buy their home and it's my first purchase and I would plan on living there myself…all of that jazz. It may seem like a stretch but I think a lot of people in that zip code feel that they are being pushed out by investors and such and I may appeal to them. I could put down 20-30 cash. Thoughts? Anybody tried this? What should I say to actually make this work? Is this just a waste of time?

Loading replies...