• Real Estate Investor
  • Vancouver Island - Salt Spring Island, BC
Votes |
Profit, Ethics & Capitalism

Ross McKenzie
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Vancouver Island - Salt Spring Island, BC
Posted Mar 2 2015, 12:03

Good Day All. It seems to me that so many BP or successful REI stories are about scoring properties at a steal, and following up with potential sellers with umpteem phone calls to convince them into selling their home to you at far far below market value. I had a girlfriend many decades ago who's mantra was "buyer beware" - meaning of course that "all is fair in love or war or business. And so, as a newbie, it really bothers me to hear an REI with a success story saying "Woohoo! I just scored a property at 58% of its market value", when they're also could be saying "I just swindled a nice old lady out of her life savings for a down payment on my new Lexus". No comment really necessary. My intent is on Win-Win deals, wherein I split the profit, not maximize my own. I expect that I'm not the only one out there. For the others, yo must know that the old energy of Capitalism as extortion is dead, and life & business will cease to be profitable & pleasurable for any anyone with this mindset. Regards. Ross

Loading replies...