• Investor
  • Menifee, CA
Votes |
ADVERSE POSSESSION SITUATION

Mike Flora
  • Investor
  • Menifee, CA
Posted Mar 3 2015, 21:16

Got a situation, deed shows owners names that have been dead for 14 years and neighbors state property vacant for at least that long. Property is free and clear but obviously taxes have been paid. So I have found no heirs to deceased of 14 years and nothing has been done to property to fix it up. Taxes were late and not paid for December 2014 so I paid for December and April to bring taxes current and changed tax address to my address and found out who has been paying taxes and doing nothing with the property. They actually called me cause I put a for sale sign in the yard to get a response and it worked. They were upset etc etc trying to say I was trespassing etc, the neighbors want me to fix the property up and no one has taken the steps to move the deed into there name and obviously do not have the money or resources to do so, but I do and took those first steps with the taxes. So pretty much it's a battle between me and the other tax paying people right now on the property. I want to go change the locks and start a process to remove the people who have been doing nothing with this property and have been paying taxes for I have no idea how long for dead deed holders. I'm going to contact a lawyer for info but THOUGHTS on the situation? Obvious there is more to the story but that is the basic jist of things.

Loading replies...