Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Dossey
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
When a seller gets upset about you wholesaling...?

Ryan Dossey
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Mar 4 2015, 17:32

We had a home that we put under contract to buy. Looked like a great flip. Our contractors walk through gave us estimates. All looked a-ok. We ended up finding more issues than we were comfortable working with and another investor suggested we wholesale it. So we took his advice. Buyer lined up closing lined up. Everything is good. 

Seller calls because she saw our ad online (Zillow I believe). She feels upset that we were making X amount more than we paid them and felt like they got cheated. 

When we put in an offer/negotiate with a seller we explain that we will either flip, convert to a rental, or pass it on to another investor for a profit. But that anyway the cookie crumbles I will make money on the home. I do this for a business. 

Have you ever had this happen?

I explained the issues to the seller and why we decided to pass it onto another investor. She has actually asked that we teach her and her son what we know. She also has me looking for a home for her daughter. She understood and was grateful. I explained that I have never not closed and wasn't going to change that now. Complete 180 in her feelings/emotions back to loving us.

Loading replies...