Votes
Kevin E.
  • Washington
Votes |
Turnkey purchase process

Kevin E.
  • Washington
Posted Mar 26 2015, 12:45

As I have stated in another post I am looking to purchase an investment property (1st as strictly investment) and one of the options I am looking into is a turnkey property. I would go with someone with a good reputation around BP but that isn't good enough for my wife and she thinks we need to hire a buyer's agent for any purchase we make.  Is this how the turnkey process works or are we expected to go directly through the turnkey company?

I understand that most, if not all, turnkey companies charge a premium for their services and renovations at time of purchase but are there normally contracts (or should there be) in place to ensure they stay there for X amount of years? I believe mutually beneficial arrangements are best and would love to pay a premium for piece of mind that a reputable company renovated and is now taking care of my investment but would hate to pay that premium just to have someone walk away laughing all the way to the bank.

Would somebody out there be willing to walk me through the purchase process of a turnkey property?

Loading replies...