Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Tyler W.
  • Inspector
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
For the seasoned pros- knowing now what you didn't know then, what skills does it take to become successful, and what would you do differently?

Tyler W.
  • Inspector
  • Sacramento, CA
Posted Apr 23 2015, 11:36

New here to BP and I started out as one of those "I'll get in and make money within a month!" but my optimism quickly turned to realism as I discovered just how much I didn't know. 

So, as I learn to take it slow and gain my knowledge, I'm interested in what skills it takes be successful at this. Not just general personality skills, like determination, motivation, networking, etc. But practical skills, like accounting, math, finance, law, construction, etc. 

And if one doesn't have these skills, how would they go about acquiring them, or partnering with those who do have them? 

And knowing now what you didn't know then, what would you do differently?

Would you read and research more before jumping in? Or just the opposite? Would you save up more capital first before making a first time investment?

I'm interested in starting out bird dogging, possibly wholesaling and syndication, while building up my war chest to start investing in single family and multifamily. 

Loading replies...