• Investor
  • Antelope, CA
Votes |
Broker/Agent/Investor Dillema

Attila Bertalan
  • Investor
  • Antelope, CA
Posted Apr 24 2015, 16:43

For the past few months I placed investing on hold to study for the California RE License.

My excitement of receiving the license in the mail is abruptly turning into disappointment. I got my license mainly for MLS access. The past few days I've been researching a Broker to hang my license with. After a multitude of turn downs for Brokers in the Sacramento area due to the fact that I want to be an investor and not an Agent, I found (thanks to BiggerPockets) an online broker (REeBroker) that seemed to fit my needs well. After talking with the Office Manager, they made me understand that once I hang my license with them, I have to run all my transactions through them. If I consider a Lease Purchase as an investor I still have to run the deal through their Broker first. Because I have to place the Broker's name and license # and my license # on all my RE marketing and, because I'm using the MLS through them I have to get the broker's approval for all transactions involving RE, whether as agent or not.

I'm very new at this, but, if the above is true, I just don't see how an active license is beneficial. I don't want to depend on a broker's approval as an investor. Can someone, please, clarify this? Is there a way around all this nonsense? Does anyone know how I can use my license to get MLS access without constant broker supervision?

I'd really appreciate all and any help in regards to this.

Loading replies...