• Investor
  • pittsburgh, pa
Votes |
Think I found a better deal maybe disappoint wholesaler morals # squatters

Andy Ballester
  • Investor
  • pittsburgh, pa
Posted Apr 25 2015, 12:27

I looked at a place in Pittsburgh decent neighborhood seemed to be a pretty good wholesale deal listed at 29900 from pic's when I got there probably a few squatters living there at the time destroyed a lot mostly cosmetic told wholesaler would not be interested in the property at that price in that condition offered 20000 he responded if I can renegotiate I might get 21 or 22 thousand I told him 20000 is my number and he assured me squatters would not be an issue 2 weeks go by he calls yesterday and tells me I can have it for 20000 I go back over to property only to see that there have been squatters in the house also 2 windows broken that were not broken before house is dirtier than before and a slight bit of more damage than before I give him a call told him I offered the price I felt comfortable with based on the condition of what the property was in. So I told him I would honor agreement with the contingency of both Windows repaired and a complete clean out of all personal items so squatters would not return. He replied he would talk to owners and see what he could do. In the mean time however in a similar neighborhood I have found a duplex for 40000 and needs a lot less work and I really want to blow the wholesaler off, and I'm sure he worked hard to get price reduced by 10000. This would be my second property purchase. I own first one out right and both of these properties are cash only deals I could by 1 and pull equity out of both homes  i own outright and do all the deals but I would pretty much be completely broke and not have any cash reserves for repairs or emergency repairs I would prefer to only do one deal questions comments advice replys. Thx  BP community 

Loading replies...