Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Steven Taylor
  • Hampton, VA
Votes |
Young and have the opportunity to buy a real property, need advice.

Steven Taylor
  • Hampton, VA
Posted Apr 25 2015, 18:18

I have no idea if this is the correct section, so please let me know if there is somewhere better I should post.

Background: I am currently 23, military, and deployed the Afghanistan. I make roughly $4,400 per month, and have next to no bills for the next year(100$ or so per month). My credit score is roughly 760, and I have about twenty thousands dollars in savings. I really wanted to get involved with rental properties.

At the moment I have the opportunity to buy a 2 bed, 2 bath, and 1200 sq. ft. home for $65,000 in a nice cul de sac. That is located in a medium size town (60,000-70,000 pop.) that has a very decent military presence. Similar homes in the neighborhood are renting for about $900, and this home is in very decent condition(no major renovations are needed at the moment). The current owners have already receive a couple of offers from people that would like to rent, however they would prefer to sell the property due to starting a family and being ready to upgrade and build a new home.

If there are any more details I can provide, please ask. I sincerely need and am open to any and all advice that you guys can provide. I really think this would be a good purchase, but I would like to know the thoughts of others.

Loading replies...