• Investor
  • Long Branch, NJ
Votes |
Where are the spots in South FL - Vero Beach to Miami

Ryan Z.
  • Investor
  • Long Branch, NJ
Posted Apr 27 2015, 13:44

Hi BP - I have 1 rental that I finally have squared away and now I'm looking into deal #2.. I have 240k pre-approved and can come up with another 100k cash.  So 250-350k is my range.  This will be a hybrid as I currently rent the apartment I live in and would like to buy a place I can lease to vacation renters on FlipKey / VRBO and then stay myself during vacancies.

I'm currently living in Orlando, and I'm not too farmiliar with specific areas of the South Florida market.  All I know is the macro picture (they were hit hard and have come back hard (with mostly international buyers) but still have some room to grow in specific areas.  I also have seen that the areas vary significantly.. Super nice areas and the opposite (places I would not want to break down in) and not much in between...  I'm looking for a place that requires a little work that is in a nice safe area where I can lease short term and in a pinch also to a long term tenant.

I've been looking at Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Vero Beach, Deerfield Beach... and even taking a very cautious look in the beach areas of miami for a super tiny place (300 sf :) unsure of HOAs although I expect them to be high).  Although I expect it to be far outside my range, I did not want to rule out Miami without at least looking a little..

Any suggestions on particular areas or even properties?

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Loading replies...