• wholesale/assign/whatever
  • Levittown, NY
Votes |
I am now convinced.....

Karen Hurd
  • wholesale/assign/whatever
  • Levittown, NY
Posted May 3 2015, 12:12

I am now convinced that It's not the wholesaler who is a hindrance, but the realtor. I have called roughly 25 realtors. I explain to them everything that I do, because in the state of New York you can assign a property. It's in the contract. I met with all except for 4 or 5. They all said the same thing...Yes, I would be happy to find distressed, motivated...etc...for you. Yes, I would be happy to throw you listings before they go up. Yes, I would be happy to run the comps for you. I go home feeling good. I call, I email...Nothing. Absolutely nothing. This is not on the weekends....I know that's when they are showing houses, but during the week when I have gone into their offices and noticed several realtors asleep at their desks. 

I finally find the right one. He's the broker too and runs the show. He spends 2 hours with me, we are talking and listening to each other and at the end of the conversation, we set up a day and a time to look at the perfect house for one of my cash buyers. He says he will call at noon. Nothing. I wait until 1:30pm, because I know how things come up, to call him...I leave a message. Nothing. At 2:45, I send him a text. Nothing. For the rest of the beautiful day, that my daughter was in New York and happened to be off....absolutely nothing. No jury would convict me. 

I think I'm going to give up and that's just not me, but I have worked morning, noon and night on this for 3 months. I have slept 4 hours a night because I am doing research on the computer, trying to find the right realtor, getting all my paperwork in order....just working so hard. 

I cannot remember the last time I felt this lugubrious and heavyhearted. I walked away from that meeting on cloud nine because he completely understood everything that I explained to him and how wholesaling worked. He loved the idea!! 

I'm not taking 50% of any wrongdoing , 85% or 99%. I blame him 100% for being selfish, discounteous, and uncaring with regards to someone's livelihood. And, If there is one thing that I cannot stand is a person messing with another persons livelihood,

What a shame. 

Loading replies...