• Investor
  • Shelbyville, Kentucky
Votes |
Old school RE investing for Newbies and Pro's in your local area

Bob Baldwin
  • Investor
  • Shelbyville, Kentucky
Posted May 21 2015, 20:10

My apologies if posted in the wrong place . I guess most would consider me Old School . I am NOT Tech Savy and I Don't do Social media .. However after 45+ years I do consider my self very successful . We were all Newbies at one point or another and certainly BP is a Great Learning Tool 

This may have been discussed on here but honestly I don't know how to search it out . As we all know Relationships , your contacts , what others think of you ,your track record are all things that contribute to your success. 

In my case Reflecting back with my Grand-Daughter who just came home from college , she had asked me What and Where contributed to you finding Deals the Most ?

well I pondered Volunteering was the key word . In that respect I had volunteered to be a Non Paying member on a Local S&L BoD 

Politics of volunteering May not apply to people on the wrong coast LOL But many local Govts are in great need of free help In my case I Offered to be on the Board of Planning and Zoning and the Board of Zoning Appeals . At the time these were where my interests lie and Yes I will admit there were some selfish intents involved also . but certainly NO Graft or Corruption . 

I can't begin to tell you how many leads this presented to me . More than I could handle at the time . Some led to Partnerships , Some to Joint Ventures etc; All obtained as a matter of public Record . I am just curious if others on here have had similar experiences ? I still get calls to this day with proposals and sadly also Probate Leads . So my point to the newbies Spend all day long on the Computer and social media but remember to always THINK OUT OF THE BOX for your sources of leads .to keep it local .

Loading replies...