• Investor
  • lehigh valley, PA
Votes |
Garage is on neighboors property and deed as vacant land in their name

Jimmy S.
  • Investor
  • lehigh valley, PA
Posted May 23 2015, 10:29

Well..... This is a first and the real estate agent, title company and county assessment all seems confused and all have different opinions and really dont know what to do.

I have a banked owned home under contract. There is a easement which allows access to the garage or otherwise the property is landlocked which is fine and not the problem. 

The problem is there is a 15x85 piece of "vacant land" according to the county deeded to the neighbors but the garage is sitting on the land. County assessment says the garage is being taxed on the house im buying but I do not own the land the garage is sitting on. Cant go back to previous title b/c the bank foreclosed the property and does not have title insurance on it. Neighbors are willing to sign it over to me but when they bought their house thier mortgage company might have put a lien on their house as well as this piece of "vacant land which the garage is on.

Can the neighbors bulldoze or sell this garage b/c is on their land and deeded to them or If I get hurt in the garage and I sue the neighbors b/c im on their property? It can go both ways.

I own the garage, they own the land. go figure

I attached a diagram. The house is in the middle green color 166k and garage is on the rectangle lot 2.4k

I dont know what to do and really no body else does... why I am paying the title company and everyone else if they cant even figure it out.

Thanks

Loading replies...