Votes
Joshua Meyers
  • Somerset, PA
Votes |
Is this a good idea or a bad idea?

Joshua Meyers
  • Somerset, PA
Posted May 25 2015, 15:33

I attended the meetup in Lima, OH last night hosted by @Ben Leybovich. Sometime between the meetup and driving home my wife and I lit up with energy to learn as much about this business as possible. I listened to @Engelo Rumora talk about flipping and the turnkey industry for 3 1/2 hours and I realized that I need to find and learn from more people like him no matter what it takes. Whether it be answering the phone, swinging a hammer, or getting coffee for someone who has seen the ins and outs of this business, We've decided it's a fine time to quit beating around the bush and get down to business.

This may sound ridiculous but I've retired my TV and Xbox(and all other useless time-wasting things that kill my productivity.) We have $0 debt and I live with my parents. My monthly bills consist of $257 for medical insurance, car insurance, and a cell phone bill(Not including groceries.) I'm ready to do what it takes to be successful and wealthy. I need opinions on what I should do next. Should I seek out mentors and travel to them as often as possible working to LEARN rather than working to earn?

I work 2 8/hour days a week at my job and make about $1500 monthly net. This leaves 152 more hours in the week that I can use to travel, analyze my market, work on marketing, doing deals, meeting successful people and buying them dinner and inhaling information. I'm not opposed to traveling to other states to learn as well. We drove 10 hours roundtrip for a 3 hour meeting and spent $150 total. Someday I'll look back on that $150 investment and figure out what the ROI is on it lol. Obviously I will need to save some capital as well but if I need to spend some time and money learning from the best, then I'm willing to do that. Thoughts guys? Where do I start?

Loading replies...