Cheri Schaffer
  • Woodstock, CT
Votes |
No money, low credit score - looking at options

Cheri Schaffer
  • Woodstock, CT
Posted Jul 6 2015, 14:10

Hey guys!  

So I did my intro post about a week or so ago, I believe, and I had a great warm welcoming!  Thanks guys.  I can't wait to grow and learn from everyone!

Right now I'm wracking my brain at my possibilities, what steps I should take, and a good time line for myself.   Right now I have no money, bad credit, and am currently in a rental myself.  I have to resign my lease in August for another 6 month agreement.  

What I'm thinking is I sign the lease and use the 6 months to save money and repair my credit the best I can.  I may have to get another part time job until then, but I think it could work.  

When the 6 months is up I start looking into investment properties.  Hopefully a 4-plex in the near by neighborhood of Putnam, Ct.  It's close to my family that lives in New England, the community is great and very involved, and has a great central location to other shopping other than just the town itself.  

I was hoping that I would be out of here before August, but I'm not so sure that's realistic at this point.  I guess I'm just eager to get out on my own and start my investments!  

Anyways, what I'm looking for is any type of advice, whether it be towards my current plan or maybe something that might be a bit different. What options I should be looking at, other than just an FHA loan. What other things I might need to do to prepare for it all. I'm already learning a bunch from the forums!

Thanks!  :)

Cheri

Loading replies...